Re: Kadressbook and Google

Le 08/05/2024 à 15:47, Helge Reimer a écrit :
Am Mittwoch, 8. Mai 2024, 15:40:44 CEST schrieb Eike Lantzsch ZP5CGE / KY4PZ:

If anybody - I don't know, but for me: Why schould I knowingly /
willingly feed the Data Monster with my address book?

And how else do you sync your contacts between your smartphone and KDE for
free?
I'm definitely open to good suggestions.

"kdeconnect" [1] (link to the website, but packaged in Debian) works great for me, it has an option to sync contacts and much more, but you can choose exactly which fonctions to enable and which permissions to grant. Works between Android/Lineage and linux, and despite the name it is not restricted to KDE desktop. Automatic contacts sync is one way AFAIK (phone to PC), but with the extra step of exporting it can be shared both ways.

Hope it helps.

[1] https://kdeconnect.kde.org/