Re: Status of Plasma 5.18/5.19?

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 7:57:23 AM MST Pino Toscano wrote:
> In data martedì 7 luglio 2020 09:06:20 CEST, Rainer Dorsch ha scritto:
> > Am Sonntag, 5. Juli 2020, 15:48:55 CEST schrieb Norbert Preining:
> > > Hi Dietz,

> > > I don't think this is welcome here, since also on the IRC channel I was
> > > told not to advertise my repositories.
> >
> > Since this is already speculation, can anybody who has concerns with
> > announcements or user reports of Norbert's super uptodate KDE packages for
> > Debian here on the list share them?
>
> I do.
>
> > I hope with an open minded and solution
> > oriented discussion they can be addressed and resolved....
>
> "open minded" is not exactly the way somebody has been solving the
> problem of helping a team in Debian.
>
> It is definitely not nice to see that all the work & efforts in many
> years are happily thrown down the loo by
> - publicity stunts
> - binary-only repos because "one person [not anymore working in the
>   team] said something bad to me, so it's all team fault"
> - blogs filled with untrue facts and on the borderline of insults
>
> How does an "open mind" motivate you to work on this? I'll tell you:
> it does not.
>
> Maybe a better solution would be to just give up with this -- after
> all, users have the super-duper-and-excellent-quality repos, right?
>
> Deepily unmotivated,

Hi all.
I was not on this list, sorry. I have been working on plasma packages and they
are quite out of date. I am new to Debian process of mass package updates, so
I am slower than I care to admit, plus limitations due to not being a DD. That
being said, I do apologize for delay. I do accept quality merge requests.  I
know I missed them when I started on this task and I apologized, but Norbert
you have since deleted all of them and refuse to undelete them. I suppose
making me look bad helps you? I am trying my best with the time I have and
amount of work needed. Again, help is gladly accepted as long as it is quality
work and not just a changelog entry..
Thanks,
Scarlett

--
Scarlett Moore
gpg: 7C35 920F 1CE2 899E 8EA9  AAD0 2E7C 0367 B9BF A089