Re: Status of Plasma 5.18/5.19?

Hi,

I am slowly learning Debian packaging myself.  Also I tried to compile KDE myself, while this is not 100% successful it learned my how big KDE is.  From the discussions in this thread, once I asked the question also, it became clear to me that having a small team on one end and a huge amount of packages on the other side will lead to long throughput times in bringing upstream changes to Debian packages. Automation and working together are key-words, (the only?) in shortening the throughput times.

I do not know what led to the frictions in the past. But make a plea to look forward, grab help and focus on achieving shorter throughput times in bringing KDE changes to Debian.  Let me know if/how I can help.

Regards

Luc

Op zo 5 jul. 2020 om 15:49 schreef Norbert Preining <norbert@preining.info>:
Hi Dietz,

> Would you mind announcing relevant changes from your side (changed repos,
> discontinued development and so on) also oh debian-kde?

I don't think this is welcome here, since also on the IRC channel I was
told not to advertise my repositories.

I suggest you to follow my blog, tag "KDE" to receive updates.

Thanks

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert                              https://www.preining.info
Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev

--
Luc Castermans
mailto:luc.castermans@gmail.com