Re: improving the UX with the default KDE installation

On 03/20/2017 06:41 AM, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
On Monday, March 20, 2017 01:26:28 AM Jimmy Johnson wrote:
On 03/17/2017 02:44 AM, fradev wrote:
On 15/03/17 13:34:38 CET, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
As for the rest of your post I agree and what we need is a
"debian-plasma-desktop meta package" where it's tested and working
including kconnect, wireless, bluetooth, vlc, pulse, etc. and keep pim
to the minimal so the kitchen sink is not added but hardware is working
the way it should be.

That's the idea, a functional setup without redundant software. But is it
possible to discuss such a proposal with the KDE team? Should I submit a
bug report?

Office= okular

Hmm, somehow I don't think okular fulfills all the needs of office, in my mind
being at least: word processor, spreadsheet, (simple) database, slide maker
(ala powerpoint).  So, I suggest, if you're going to mention / include Firefox
(which you did) that you should also include Libre Office (or the other version
of Libre Office--don't remember the name--does that still exist?)

Well for one thing, someone wanting *office will be able to click install office, if you want it in you may as well put a typing tutor in there too. But kpat, frozen-bubble or texas-holdem would get more use from the average user. If we think positive some educational programs could be added, maybe somethings from child's play or a beginners coding app, it getting to some family member who has the yearn to be creative and productive would be a blessing. Maybe you don't know it, but the average user does not know how to use a keyboard, like putting your index fingers on the f and j keys, basic typing.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Stretch - Plasma 5.8.4 - EXT4 at sda11
Registered Linux User #380263