Re: KDEPIM ready to be more broadly tested

Am Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2016, 21:26:03 CEST schrieb Tim Rühsen:

> On Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2016 17:27:25 CEST Volker Groll wrote:

> > > No idea.

> > > No, it is some internal protocol version.

> > > So, you are on Sid/unstable ?

> > > And you did

> > > apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade before ?

> > Yes, I came from stretch, and honestly I used aptitude dist-upgrade.

> > apt-get dist-upgrade does not want apply any changes right now

> > > okular never stopped working here and I use it quite often.

> > > $ dpkg -l '*okular*'

> > > ii libokularcore6 4:15.08.3-1 amd64

> > > libraries for the Okular document viewer

> > > ii libokularcore7 4:16.04.2-1 amd64

> > > libraries for the Okular document viewer

> > > ii okular 4:16.04.2-1 amd64

> > > universal document viewer

> > > ii okular-extra-backends 4:16.04.2-1 amd64

> > > additional document format support for Okular

> > > But I guess libokularcore6 is orphaned and could be purged.

> > Sorry misleading you.

> > I checked most of my installed kde packages to be on 16.04

> > and started to throw away everything older.

> > I of course installed the needed packages again.

> > By this: For me okular is working without libokularcore7.

> okular 16.04.2-1 has a dependency: libokularcore7 (= 4:16.04.2-1)

> You can see this via

> $ apt-cache show okular

> > Both baloo and akonadi are not working as expected:

> > On baloo when I try to index file contents it hangs indefinitely

> > and I cannot find any open file handler within baloo_indexer or

> > baloo_file_extractor hinting to a file causing this.

> > BTW: with dolphin4 I can search (and find) the content of files!

> baloo does file indexing, akonadi does email indexing (and some more).

I think I understand the basic purpose, but I miss tools and/or instructions

to track down errors from a user perspective.

Which (config) files to check / remove, access akonadi from command line,

check caching stuff, databases? Then it would be possible to ask more

precise for assistance. Exaggregated I can only say: Search does not work.

> > On akonadi the indexer in akonadiconsole has finished, but

> > "Tools->Find Messages" gives wrong results. Searching after

> > starting kmail gives in rare cases a correct result list.

> > Every following search gives the results of this first search.

> I am just sitting at my home machine. Moving an email folder into another

> (drag&drop in KMail) seems to index the files. But interestingly, when

> searching for e.g. Subject 'contains' xxx, it shows emails that don't have

> 'xxx' within the subject.

Exactly what I'm seeing. And the results are now always the same, whatever

search parameter you are setting.