Re: Am I wrong understanding akonadi won't go to testing?

Am Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2016, 13:35:33 CEST schrieb inkbottle:
> On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 17:08:54 you wrote:
> > I understand there: https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=akonadi
> > the only excuse remaining for akonadi to move to testing is:
> > https://release.debian.org/testing/freeze_policy.html
> > And I see no reason why this excuse should be removed, I don't see it
> > would
> > fit in "Changes which can be considered".
> >
> > Or am I mistaken there?
>
> OK, so I'm mistaken.
> I've been very helpfully explained:
> "after the current kdepim transition in unstable the whole set of related
> packages will migrate to testing", and
> "the block request makes sure that testing remains in usable state"
> (I quote because it's still a little bit of Volapük to me)
>
> I find the link provided
> (https://release.debian.org/testing/freeze_policy.html)
> very confusing, because it refers to the "release" of stretch...
> And the freeze related to the release of stretch is only to take place in
> 2017...
>
> Or I'm only very dense there, because it's the first time I stumble on
> subtleties related to freezing process...
>
> I believe the transition of kdepim is over now: I see no excuses in the
> related packages which still stand save the aforementioned lock itself...

Well it has been repeatedly complained that testing is in an unusable state,
so… now the team uses transitions. That means, it may take (additional) weeks
for a complete set of packages appear in testing. Its either that or broken
testing. I don´t see much in between it. :)

If you want to have stuff as it comes in, you can still switch to unstable –
which works quite nicely for weeks already, IMHO.

--
Martin