Re: Kmail: "Save attachments" does not work

On Monday, July 25, 2016 12:06:05 PM CEST Tim Ruehsen wrote:
> Right-click on a message with a bunch of attachments and selecting "Save
> attachments" results in "Found no attachments to save".
>
> The same goes when using the context menu within the message itself.
>
> But the "Message structure" window shows me each attachment. And right-click
> on the name of the file allows me to save it.
>
> I regularly get messages with 30+ attachments that have to be installed...
> currently I really have a bad time to save them one-by-one.
>
> Does anyone knows a workaround ?

I did some more testing. It looks like many emails+attachments are recognized
by KMail. The problematic ones (that had been ok before with kdepim 14)
contain the following relevant headers:

And this mime structure
--Apple-Mail-3--649023028

<bla>
--Apple-Mail-3--649023028

--Apple-Mail-4--649023027

--Apple-Mail-4--649023027

<base64 encoding>
--Apple-Mail-4--649023027

--Apple-Mail-4--649023027

<base64 encoding>
--Apple-Mail-4--649023027
<many similar stuff as above with just different file names>
--Apple-Mail-4--649023027--

--Apple-Mail-3--649023028--

Since I don't have any Apple devices, I can't help any further.
The mime structures seem to be ok - the new kdepim backend seems to have
(partial) problems with multipart/mixed.

Regards, Tim