Re: kde 5.7

Am Samstag, 9. Juli 2016, 18:20:12 CEST schrieb Diederik de Haas:
> But that is not the (main) idea I got about the participants of this thread.
> I noticed various bug reports where the cause was the same and the solution
> as well, namely making sure that various framework packages are at the same
> version. And as you said, I also didn't know that mixture of framework
> package versions could cause issues.
> Today I learned on IRC that with upstream KDE it has been known from the
> start  that the framework packages should be released together.
> As a consequence, and also from the various bug reports and this thread, I
> think there should be (some) versioned dependency between the various
> framework packages.
> Even though it won't matter for the Stretch release as they will be all the
> same versions, I do think it would be an improvement of the Debian packages
> in general and that's why I'm (mostly) interested in this issue.
>
> As I'm quite sure that various Debian Qt/KDE maintainers follow this list
> as  well, I think the relevant info will land with them and if needed will
> be acted upon.

Well, okay, that is clear for once.

I meanwhile sent a mail to upstream distribution mailinglist exactly asking
about upstream recommendations about this. I intend to forward an answer to
debian-qt-kde mailing list and ping the team on IRC about it, cause it really
is no user support issue and so discussing it here leaves it to pure chance
whether one of the packagers picks it up.

Ciao,
--
Martin