Re: Suspend/hibernate menu options missing from KDE

Hi,

On Friday, 2014-08-29, 20:14:46, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> Dear Debian KDE,
>
> I am using a Jessie machine, and largely have KDE 4.11.
>
> I am trying to configure my KDE to allow sleep on lid close and such
> goodness. In the Power Management section of my KDE System Settings, I
> am unable to find any sleep/suspend options. Likewise, the K Menu's
> Leave section also has only "Restart" and "Shut Down" in the relevant
> sections. However, sudo pm-suspend and sudo pm-hibernate and sudo
> pm-suspend, indeed, do what I want.

I am not on testing but unstable, but my last full-upgrade did not fully
upgrade me automatically.
I.e. I had to manually install systemd-sysv and then removed systemd-shim

That fixed power management and network management for me.

As far as I understood the problem was that the system did not consider my
user to be in primary control of the console or to be the primary physically
present user and so only allowed action that did not affect the system state
as a whole.

Cheers,
Kevin