Re: kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 in experimental, call for testing

A Diumenge, 24 de juny de 2012 21:32:29, Modestas Vainius va escriure:
> Hello,
>
> I have uploaded kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 to experimental (no kdepim itself
> yet). I never expected kdepim 4.4.11 (esp. kmail 1) to work with
> kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 but apparently, it does (at least for me). Therefore,
> I started wondering if kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 + kdepim 4.4.11.1 might be a
> good combination for wheezy especially if it brings some benefits to the
> table. We still have a couple of days until Wheezy freeze (June 30) so I
> would be grateful if some brave users tested this combination on their
> systems and reported any problems or success stories.

Great news!

> * Test if kmail, korganizer, ktimetracker, address book and the whole
> kontact work as expected.
> * Test if maybe any of your pet bugs have been fixed.
> * Test if any other features like e.g. ownCloud (hi
> Diederik! [1]) or various groupware support started to work magically.
> * Test if external akonadi resources like e.g. googledata work as expected.

I've installed it and I had no problems with KMail, Kaddressbook and
Korganizer, or all of them trough Kontact.

Also I could finally use my davical calendar via Akonadi Caldav support, and
contacts with Owncloud via Akonadii Carddav.

For what I tested it worked very well, if I found any issues I'll let you
know.

I can finally ditch Thundebird with Lightning for my calendar and tasks needs