Re: Esperanto

El d�19/12/2004 a 23:32 Anthony Hoskins escribio ...

<snip>

> Perhaps some games should be written, or old ones packaged for Debian. Just
> throwing some ideas around. I'm not a programmer really (taking programming in
> school starting tommorow, but don't really have any solid skills yet) but could
> probably develop or help develop some sort of Python (or C# in about a year)
> based games for learning Esperanto.

Altough I consider this as a good idea to work on, probably an initial
and easy-to-do step would be in first stage to ask/help developers to
i18n their applications, in second stage ask people to provide/help on
translations to esperanto.

Most of the applications doesn't know about i18n yet, and it would be
a good idea to have them i18n'ed first. I was trying to talk with
upstreams for work on such issues, some of them have made progress on
their new releases.

Now for esperanto-specific learning apps, I don't know one, probably
could be added as another module to an existing one like latrine.

> As a side note, it would be quite beneficial to have an instant messenger of
> sorts, allowing parents to permit their children to message and recieve messages
> from specific people that have been "pre-approved". Perhaps this dwelves too
> much into the negative aspect of "restriction" vs. "education" but the rising
> amounts of adults on the net seeking innocent children is perhaps worth a little
> restrictions. As well I agree that youth should be encouraged to experiment and
> "push the buttons" on their systems, perhaps some type of account could be
> setup, or virtual server, that would allow youth to experiment with "remote"
> systems so that actual physical systems can remain intact. Any youth able to
> effectively use knowledge gained from this system to break into their own
> system, should be quite adept to avoid messing it up, and even if they do it is
> beyond the scope of Debian-JR as i've seen it.

There's one called coccinella[0] which I plan to work on soon, it does
most of the tasks you say.

0- http://hem.fyristorg.com/matben/

-Rudy

  | Somos libres, seamoslo con software libre      * http://debian.org |
  | http://www.apesol.org.pe         -*-         http://stone-head.org |
  | GPG FP: 0D12 8537 607E 2DF5 4EFB  35A7 550F 1A00 3433 BD21         |