reply: Bazel Removal from Debian

Hi,

> If the test passes regularly, and just sometimes fails under the same

> conditions, I would consider disabling it in autopkgtest rather than have it not

> make it into bookworm.  The perfect is the enemy of the good.

The autopkgtest always fails .

The maintainer added a “-XX:+UseParallelGC” for garbge collectors param(target jdk16+) which can boost build performance for about 30% compared with the default GC param “-XX:+UseG1GC”[1].

In fact all the CI stages can be passed if supplied with the default GC param.

I suspect If the “+UseParallelGC” should be used with some other jvm params together.But I have no idea.

Besides, if it’s possible to downgrade jdk target version to be more compatible with those GC features.

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/17/gctuning/available-collectors.html