Re: help with plugin versions and maven-debian-helper

Le 2023-02-10 01:50, Joe Nahmias a écrit :

- Don't build the -java-doc package, that's useless

Um, why do you say it's useless?

Because with every new Java release we keep getting new javadoc issues
breaking the builds and violating the Debian policies. Considering that
almost nobody use these packages it's not worth the time we're investing
in maintaining them. So the current trend is rather to remove them.

- Drop the +ds suffix

Why? Isn't that traditionally used to show a repack?

I have a preference for clean version numbers. The suffix is useful
if a version was already packaged and needs to be modified afterward
because unwanted files were included by mistake.

Emmanuel Bourg