Re: List of consultants focusing on Debian packaging for Java?

Hello Antonin,

Am Freitag, den 04.12.2020, 17:54 +0100 schrieb Antonin Delpeuch (lists):
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a consultant to help package Java software for Debian.
> I wonder if you maintain a directory of developers who would be able to
> work on this as contractors?
>
> I have found this general list:
>
> https://www.debian.org/consultants/
>
> However, it does not seem to be focused on packaging, so it is difficult
> to find relevant contractors there.
>
> If it is appropriate, I would be happy to give more details about the
> project. I thought you might have a policy against job postings on this
> mailing list, hence the phrasing of the question.

I don't think we have a policy against discussing paid Java projects as long as
it is related to Debian. We have had Google summer of code students in the past
who also receive a payment while working for Debian.

Could you tell us more about your project and how it is related to Debian? Are
you looking for someone who should package and maintain software for Debian or
is this a private/closed project limited to a company or other institution?

Regards,

Markus