Re: Using --ignore in Maven packaging

Hi Olek,

Le 03/06/2020 à 19:10, Olek Wojnar a écrit :

> I have now tried using the "--ignore" parameter a few times in the
> d/package_name.poms file for Maven packages. What seems to happen is
> that packages I have listed in d/maven.ignoreRules produce errors
> because they cannot be found for the "ignored" POM. Based on my
> understanding of the documentation [1][2][3], that's not how this should
> work. Shouldn't that POM and any artifacts it builds just be... you
> know.. ignored?

The --ignore option in the .poms files means the module won't be built.
maven.ignoreRules specifies the dependencies that are ignored. It's two
different things.

If you have a multi module project with a test module that you don't
want or can't build, and this module is a dependency of other modules,
then you have to --ignore it *and* add it's coordinates in
maven.ignoreRules.

Emmanuel Bourg