Re: Openjdk-8 in Debian/backports?

Hi Tony,

> Le 31 déc. 2014 à 01:59, tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org>
> You can always build from source on a jessie system or in a jessie
> chroot by adding a deb-src URL for sid to your /etc/apt/sources.list and
> then using:
>
> $ apt-get source openjdk-8
> $ cd openjdk-8
> $ debuild -us -uc

Thanks for the tip and the pre-built binaries.
However, the version is sid is a beta release (I think 8u40 will not be released
before spring) so I would prefer a more stable version.
Btw, I don't understand why sid has a so "cutting edge" version.
As I understand the purpose for the different Debian repositories, this would better fit
in the experimental repo.

Regards,
Thomas