Re: About eclipse (was Re: Package depending on netbeans)

On 12.11.2009 12:51, Niels Thykier wrote:
Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
Le jeudi 12 novembre 2009 à 00:05 +0100, Niels Thykier a écrit :
[...]
Hi

[...]
One of the prime factors for not uploading to Debian yet is that eclipse
does not use system jars but pre-bundled ones. We are currently working
on that and three other things[1] we want fixed before we upload to
Debian/Experimental.

IMO as seen with the Ubuntu upload you get broader testing with an uploaded version. There are architectures which are not yet tested by anybody like mips*, hppa. You maybe don't want to remove the code from the eclipse sources, but just use the system jars instead. Upload a first version now, and a "final" one later.

I believe most of these are already in the repository with an acceptable
version (once you have "translated" the between Fedora and Debian naming
and packaging conventions)- though I recall something about us
discontinuing tomcat5 due to lack of manpower.

Maybe an appropriate version, but all without the OSGi metadata. How is working on adding this?

  Matthias