Re: Searching for a sponsor for SimplyHTML

On Sun Aug 03 15:45, Eric Lavarde wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "simplyhtml".
>
> * Package name    : simplyhtml
>   Version         : 0.12.2-1
>   Upstream Author : Dimitry Polivaev <dpolivaev at users.sourceforge.net>
> * URL             : http://sf.net/projects/simplyhtml
> * License         : GPLv2
>   Section         : web
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> simplyhtml - Java word processor based on HTML and CSS
> simplyhtml-doc - API documentation for simplyhtml

Hi, I've had a look over the package and I've a couple of comments
(sorry about the random order. This is as and when)

Debhelper 4 is now quite old (even stable has 5) and will be deprecated
soon. Please bump the compat and depends to at least 5.

I'm confused as to why there is a doc package, if it is not a library.
If it's just an application which happens to be written in Java, theres
no need for API documentation, even if it happens to be
auto-generatable. I certainly don't think you need to recommend a web
browser. It may be installed on a server and accessed remotely for
example.

I've also noted a few files which don't have a licence grant but just
have:

 * Copyright (C) 2006 Dimitri Polivaev

such as ./src/com/lightdev/app/shtm/SHTMLPanel.java,
     ./src/com/lightdev/app/shtm/TextResources.java,
     ./src/com/lightdev/app/shtm/SHTMLPanelMultipleDocImpl.java,
     ./src/com/lightdev/app/shtm/SHTMLPanelSingleDocImpl.java (list not
exhaustive)

Also, given that the other changelog revisions are all UNRELEASED and
contain no useful information it might be good to trim them. Normally
you would keep using the same changelog entry until it's released

Lastly, it doesn't build in pbuilder for me. Looks like you are missing
a build-dep on docbook-to-man.

Matt
--
Matthew Johnson