Re: Eclipse 3.4 packaging - help needed

Hi Michael & others,

* Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> [2008-07-23 03:33]:

> It seems you don't use the maven build system either (that currently seems to be
> impossible in an offline build environment)

I am using PDE Build so that I get the same JAR as what Orbit [1] provides.

FWIW, the maven2 package in Fedora works fully offline.  Perhaps the
Debian maven maintainer should speak to the Fedora maintainer because
apparently upstream has resisted patches to make it work fully offline
so it looks like distros will all unfortunately have to carry the same
patches.

> Further, I removed all the tests (for now), because most of them lack proper
> license info. I'll talk to Daniel about this.

Cool, please keep me posted on this.

> Otherwise, no patching was necessary when using the 2_0_1 tag in
> upstream SVN.

That's great.  I am still on 2.0.0 so that I get the same as what Orbit
has and was going to wait until 2.0.2 to upgrade.

Andrew

[1]
http://www.eclipse.org/orbit