Re: debian key-signing in victoria bc

On 1/9/07, Alan Ezust <alan.ezust@gmail.com> wrote:
Ah, you maintain another java package! that's good to know.

So azureus does not require java 1.5, I take it?
I see under depends, it requires java2-runtime and
java-virtual-machine. Those are (I think) for 1.4?

jedit needs java 1.5, so should I list its dependency as sun-java5-jre?

Good question. I don't know the answer. Best to ask debian-java.
Depending specifically on sun-java5-jre precludes using any other Java
VM though. I would avoid it unless sun-java5-jre is really the only
Java VM that works with jedit.

And now that java5 is in main, does this mean jedit can also be in main?

Is it? My box still reports non-free.

$ apt-cache policy sun-java5-jre
sun-java5-jre:
 Installed: 1.5.0-10-1.1