Re: Somewhat off-topic: looking for help with a bit of translation.

"Wim van der Meer" <wim@zaf.att.ne.jp> writes:

> What you have here is a Q&A and it doesn't give any specific
> information about the DIP switch functions, except for switch 2-4
> which is labeled as "initialize status switch". The questions that
> are answered are basically to solve various kind of problems with
> the autoloader.

Ahh, ok.

> Did you try to contact Aiwa directly for a proper manual? A lot of
> Japanese makers have English manuals as well. Can't hurt to try.

Yep.  I contacted Aiwa US and Aiwa Japan, along with several companies
that repair/support tape loaders with no luck, though Aiwa Japan was
quite helpful, going as far as to call me back in response to an
email.

Unfortunately this tape loader is a several years old, and while that
might not normally be a problem, Aiwa shut down their tape drive
division a while back and don't seem to have kept a lot of legacy
stuff left lying around.

In any case, thanks very much.  I'll just have to decide if I want to
rely on a drive I don't know a lot about :>

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu