Re: http server benchmarking suite

Wojciech Ziniewicz wrote:
> Hello,
> do You know any more "advanced" suite for benchmarking www servers
> that "ab" (apache benchmark) ?
>
> I mean that this is very hard to simulate real traffic on my sites (
> loadbalanced cluster with static/dynamic content division).
>
> Any help appreciated .

I'm using Jakarta JMeter. It can do close to 100% realistic stress and
soak tests on websites, JDBC supported DB and more. In has a proxy
feature that allows you to record real traffic from your browser,
including timing information. You can later use this timing information
with Gaussian random timer in order to make requests with realistic delays.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-07-2005/jw-0711-jmeter.html?page=3

--
Best Regards,
Hristo Erinin