Re: Credit Card processing

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 07:28:44PM -0500, John Miller wrote:
> Does anyone have advice for a small non-profit looking to begin processing
> credit cards?  Currently we would process 5-6 transactions per month:
> mostly donations and domain registrations.
>
> We've looked at IATS (http://www.iats.ticketmaster.com), and they seem
> nearly ideal: PHP interface to their processing system, remote storage of
> customer info, and no merchant account required.  However, they appear to
> be largely Microsoft-based on the backend, which is a problem for us,
> since we do not wish to perpetuate MS-based products.  To be fair, I don't
> have intimate knowledge of IATS's operations, but the fact that their main
> public web server runs on IIS is a bit disconcerting.

Quite, I feel the same way :) We use trustcommerce.com at work, and we're a
fairly small outfit in terms of number of transactions/month.

Ward.
--
Pong.be         -(  "Just wait,  My crystal ball is infallible." -- Linus  )-
Virtual hosting -( Torvalds, discussing the future of smart I/O hardware.  )-