my private address in anothere subnet

I have a network with about 230 computers, using addresses a.b.c.x/24 .
I have another group of computers on the same physical subnet using
addresses 172.25.y.z/22 These computers are not intended to communicate
other than with themselves and the servers (that have both a.b.c.x and
172.25.3.x bound to their interfaces).
Now i have to set three computers that must be outside my physical subnet,
but connected with the private net, using addresses 172.25.3.129 135 and
136. these are the address from where they must appear to the peers.
I think i need a VPN of some sort. I cannot use a dedicated vpn router for
many reason, so i must use a regular salvaged pc for the purpose.
>From my side i have no problem to set an host to act as a router .
On the remote side in two cases i can set a similar one, but in another
the user is using a winxp computer without the possibility of using an
external router.
In the case of using a remote router i should pass even broadcasts,
bandwidth is not a concern (it is 5 router far, but more or less at a lan
level), so the computer should have no way to know that it is 2km away
from home.

Con you point me to a detailed howto on this particular arrangement ?
(for example for openVPN)