Re: ticket systems

Dan MacNeil <dan@thecsl.org> writes:

> I'm curious as to how people use ticket systems and their bad
> experiences with ticket systems. "How" and "why" are more useful right
> now than "what". I'm not especially interested in "request-tracker
> rocks!" or "No! otrs rocks more!"

>From my point of view the hardest part is to get the people to use the
ticket system. I setup OTRS a couple of month ago and some people still
write normal mails, call or even put sticky notes on my door. Yes I tried
to explain the benefits of a TTS but some people just don't want to
learn. BTW: I'm not talking about ordinary users here, but about a group
of techs responsible for client-systems and helldesk.

Jens