Re: blacklists

--On Sunday, December 05, 2004 10:54 +0100 Marek Podmaka <marki@onee.sk> wrote:

Hello debian-isp,

  which blacklists do you use to block spam emails on production
  boxes? I use relays.ordb.org and list.dsbl.org and now I have read
  about Spamhaus SBL and XBL on their website. What are your
  experiences with it?

we use bl.spamcop.net up front at the SMTP level before taking any messages from a site. seems to be very accurate and catches well over half of our spam before we process it this way, also check a few others but considering removing them as everything hits the bl.spamcop.net list first. We have a basically 0 false positive rate on this list too. I've got maybe a dozen complaints all year, if that, and none in the last few months.

       thanks

--
  bYE, Marki