Re: Has anyone used etinc bandwidth manager on Debian?

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:15, Sonny Kupka wrote:
> Has anyone used etinc bandwidth manager
> (http://www.etinc.com/index.php?page=bwmgr.htm) on a Debian system?
>
> It's not one of the supported distributions and I just wondered if I could
> get by with the software version or if I should just buy one of the
> appliances they offer.

I recommend not buying or using any of their products.

Support for new kernels is always lacking.

One of their main programmers used to be on the SERVER-LINUX mailing list but
he left after he discovered that trying to get Linux users to convert to BSD
on a Linux mailing list and flaming everyone is not productive.

Their products are difficult to configure, and the configuration interface
changes radically between versions without good documentation.

There is nothing that an etinc product does that some other product can't do
better.  One of my biggest mistakes was to recommend an etinc product to a
client, I had to support that mistake for many years.  :(