Re: transparent proxy

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 03:05:16PM +0200, Martin Kos wrote:
> hi jeff
>
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > Check the transproxy howto from the LDP.
> yup.. i've done so.. first i had the problem that the howto is only
> for kernel 2.4 (i'm using 2.2), but i've found a howto for 2.2. but it
> still hadn't worked. finally it was only an error with the order of my
> ipchains-rules and not of the rule itself :-((
>
> now everything is working fine with http-proxying, but how can i also
> proxy the httpS-traffic? i haven't found anything about this in the howto
> and if i only change the port-number in my ipchains-rule it does not work,
> any idea?
https traffic isn't proxied, it uses connects thru the proxy. look at
the squid config for info (hint: the https port is 443)

there're some pointers about transproxying in the /usr/share/doc/squid
dir iirc, read the squid faq, and some README.* like file. the README
about transproxying is a bit outdated, but the stuff in the squid faq
is quite good iirc.
--
> Name:           Alson van der Meulen      <
> Personal:       alson@linuxfreak.nl       <
> School:       alson@gymnasiumleiden.nl    <
don't do that, it'll crash the sys........ SHIT