Re: never ind I found it

> thanks if someone is about to answer about syslogd
> I found it
> kern.*	@hostanme
> add entry to services and use -r option.

Here's some complete instructions, from my own setup:

On the cisco device, add following to config:

logging <ip address>
logging trap debugging

On Debian server, add -r to environment variable found in
/etc/init.d/sysklogd, and add this to /etc/syslog.conf file:

local7.*                        /var/log/cisco.log

Everything sent from any Cisco device will end up in the named file.

Thanks,
Shawn