Re: IPv6 configuration initramfs

On 18/03/2024 at 16:42, Marco Moock wrote:

I have a system with Dropbear (to unlock encrypted root volume) inside
of initramfs. Initramfs itself supports IPv6 (link-local tested).

IPv6 link-local addresses are assigned by the kernel, they do not require any userland support.

Is there a way for static IPv6 address configuration like it exists
for IPv4?

AFAICS dropbear expects the static IP address to be defined by the ip= kernel parameter. But it contains multiple values (IP address, mask, gateway...) separated with ":" so I am afraid that it does not support IPv6 addresses which also contain ":".