IPv6 Issues with thunderbolt-net driver?

It appears that IPv6 is 'broken' when using thunderbolt-net connections.
ICMPv6 works.

Repro
-------
- Take two machines each with debian on them with a thunderbolt TB4 connection.
- Ensure there are no IPTABLES filtering rules in place
- configure ssh to listen on all ports, all protocols
- Connect the two machines with a TB cable.
- Statically address each interface on each machine with an IPv6 address in the same subnet
- ping machine 1 IPv6 from machine 2 (this will work)
- try to ssh from machine 1 to machine 2 using IPv6 (this will not work)

note: this seems to affect other traffic other than SSH too (like ceph cluster traffic)
This has been reproduced on promox ve 8 and vanilla debian 12 (by two people)

Also on the same machines i repeated the same steps with a direct connected ethernet cable and had zero issues (in my mind this validates the basic configuration is ok).

This is my first time using a mailing list, so apologies if i have taken the wrong approach.

alex