Re: /sbin/ip6tables does not exist

Hello,

Sudheer Boggavarapu a écrit :
> I understand that installing iptables package should place ip6tables files
> in /sbin/ directory. right?

Yes, installing the *Debian* iptables package should.

> I am working on a system where iptables 1.4.5 is installed, but ip6tables is
> missing from /sbin/ directory.

Where does that iptables come from ? There is no iptables 1.4.5 in the
current Debian stable (1.4.2), testing (1.4.8) or unstable (1.4.10)
distributions.

If you compiled iptables from the source tarball, IIRC the files are
installed somwhere in /usr/local/ by default.