Re: Debian IPv6 Proxy

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 14:41 +0100, Frederic Beck wrote:

> I'm trying to set up an apt proxy in IPv6 for my local network. I tried
> to use apt-proxy which works fine in IPv4 but after specifying address =
> <my_ipv6_address> in my configuration file it doesn't work.
>
> Is there a better tool which would work ?

Squid, configured as a transparent proxy with the help of iptables. I
use it in IPv4, but they are advertised to work the same in IPv6. With
that, all you have to do on the LAN hosts is to make sure they all use
the same Debian mirror.

I am not sure that the official Debian package of Squid supports IPv6,
but the upstream sure does and I have seen quite a few IPv6 enabled
Squid Debian packages floating around.