Re: [ports-devel:00043] Re: updated ipv6 patch for postfix

At Wed, 19 Jan 2000 22:56:53 +0000,
Philip Blundell <Philip.Blundell@pobox.com> wrote:

> >It seems to me that net/ipv4/devinet.c:devinet_init doesn't
> >regist any IPv6 addresses into gifconf_list...
>
> No, it doesn't (and it shouldn't).  If you want to return IPv6 addresses from
> SIOCGIFCONF you should register a new gifconf function from net/ipv6/
> somewhere.

I see. From more reading of source code, I understood the meaning
of what you said, "it shouldn't".

Then I would make a similar function in the same way as ipv4/devinit
and add it to ipv6/route.c/ip6_route_init(). Is it OK ?

-- Yuji Sekiya