Re: Possibility of moving package fcitx-imlist under Debian Input Method Team

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:40:48PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 07:07:06PM +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 16:57:41 +0800
> > ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) <czchen@debian.org> wrote:
> > > So do we need to put debian-input-method related packages into this
> > > salsa.d.o/input-method-team? Or just put them in salsa.d.o/debian?
> >
> >  It's better to put them into salsa.d.o/input-method-team, IMO
> >  as migration.
>
> Well, you didn't speak up previously ... So I thought we are moving to
> debian
>
> This provide wider access by other DDs who are not much into input
> method but can help from KDE/Gnome etc.

I now prefer to put packages into input-method-team instead of debian
for the following reasons:

* People outside input-method-team can easily contribute via PR. In case
  [0], Gunnar can contribute to fcitx with only salsa account.

* For non-DD maintainer, they don't have permission for debian by
  default, so they need to call DD to help them modifying code, just
  like  [0]. I am not sure if there is any policy for granting debian
  access permission to non-DD, but for input-method-team, we can define
  our own rule so that non-DD maintainer can maintain these packages
  without any problem.

[0] http://isg.ee.ethz.ch://salsa.debian.org/debian/fcitx/merge_requests/1#note_16204

--
ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) czchen@{czchen,debconf,debian}.org