Re: fwknop 1.9.7-3: Please translate debconf PO for the package fwknop

Quoting Vincenzo Campanella (vinz65@gmail.com):

>> You should remove the "fuzzy" marker on the header. Fuzzy markers
>> alaways have the same meaning in PO files:
>> "the information that follows is 'close' to be accurate but should not
>> be used without prior check"
>
> OK, I shall do it and send the updated translation ASAP. Here at the
> office I have Windows XP, therefore I have to wait to be at home in
> order to do this job.
>
>> Better fill in the Project-Id-Version. Either use nothing..or the
>> package name. The package name+version is not really useful
>
> Same as above, I have no idea of what I am supposed to insert here as I
> am not the author of the package but only the author of the Italian
> translation.

As I said: the package name, so here "kwknop"

About "author" information in the file header, please follow the
example I mentioned (which is an old translation of mine for the
iodine package. Imentioned myself in the header even though I'm not
the package author.....but I'm the author of the translation..:)

>> *That* makes the file broken.
>>
>> You *must* specify the charset used in the file. Here "CHARSET" should
>> be replaced by "UTF-8".
>>
>> Even when there is nothing but ASCII characters, CHARSET must be
>> replaced by "ASCII".
>
> OK, I will do it. I am sorry but I had not seen this, I had successfully
> compiled the Italian translation with gtranslator so I though it was OK,
> perhaps the problem was already in the template...

Template files *always have "charset=CHARSET" because you don't know
in advance the charset that will be used by the translator. It is up
to the translator's tool to fill it with whatever the translator used
as charset in his|her translation.

Most tools do this automatically. I'm surprised that gtranslator
doesn't do this.