Re: Intent to NMU pam to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Steve Langasek scrisse:

> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 07:11:21AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > I even know you're working to re-converge with upstream, indeed. WRT
> > l10n I wonder what is upstream using. I had a brief look at the
> > French translation and, apart from finding that it is not complete,
> > I found no useful reference for a translator:
>
> > "Last-Translator: Novell Language <language@novell.com>\n"
> > "Language-Team: Novell Language <language@novell.com>\n"
>
> > The same stands for several upstream translations: de, es, hu, it,
> > ja, pt_BR, zh_CN, zh_TW
>
> No idea; I guess Thorsten is pulling translations from some
> Novell/SuSE translation service internally and applying them to the
> upstream repo.

I've recently spoken with pam upstream, and they told me that pam
translations were once handled by paid translators at Novell but now
they are no more. Mailing the language team at Novell also gave me no
answer.
So upstream said that translation still with Novell as Last-Translator
are actually orphaned. I've already taken over Italian (post-0.99.6 and
like to see it in lenny :), please check upstream cvs as other
languages could have been already updated and taken too...

> Thanks,

Ciao, Luca

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | lucab (AT) debian.org