aptitude qs.

Hi everybody :)

While updating aptitude, I've run into a couple of things I don't quite understand.

1. What does "transcode" mean?

.po:536
reference:    ⑤    src/pkg_columnizer.cc:651 src/pkg_columnizer.cc:660
flag:    ⑤    c-format
Original: ⌘0 Unable to transcode package display format after \"%ls\"

po:643
reference:    ⑤    src/pkg_view.cc:133
Original:    ⌘0    Couldn't transcode column definition

2. In these strings, are we only to translate the text after the pipe symbol, or should we translate the entire string?

po:718
reference:    ⑤    src/ui.cc:680
Original:    ⌘0    Encoding of help.txt|UTF-8

po:720
reference:    ⑤    src/ui.cc:701
Original:    ⌘0    Encoding of README|UTF-8

Thanks for any help you can offer. :)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc