Re: buildd-tools sbuild post-etch

Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net> writes:

> Roger Leigh wrote:
>> Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:
>>
>>> I'm curious: What will happen on the hurd-i386 architecture? Last time
>>> I checked fakeroot did not work well enough to be used on an autobuilder.
>>> Will sbuild need to be patched (more than before) for it to work at all?

[...]

>> However, I would be happy to provide whatever assistance and coding is
>> required to get schroot running once any problems have been
>> identified.
>>
>> [PS.  I'm not subscribed to the list, so I would appreciate a CC on
>> any replies.  Thanks!]
>
> Well at a quick glance, it appears that schroot build-deps
> libpam0g-dev which we don't have.  Is PAM a strict requirement?

Yes.  PAM is used for user authentication and authorisation, and is
integral to the operation of schroot.  Given that schroot runs setuid
root to do what it does, I would be reluctant to write an alternative
to replace the PAM functionality, due to the potential for severe
security problems if I make any mistakes.

Linux-PAM did previously contain Linux kernel datatypes (for reasons
which escape me), but TTBOMK these were removed over a year ago.  Will
it now build for you?  (Some of the modules might not build or be
useful for you, but the configure script should be able to disable
those--though this might need adding).

Regards,
Roger

--