Re: Isn't it time for thinking about K11?

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 08:36:54PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> Quite agree, time for K11.  I have just retired (for the fourth time!) and
> I am catching up on everything.
>
> I propose to build a straight K11 CD set and DVD and see exactly where we
> are at.

A new glibc got uploaded today and I hope to get a new hurd package in
together with it.  Those will make SysV shared memory work hopefully,
which might improve X performance.

Also note that modular X got uploaded yesterday, which probably breaks
X.org (at least building X11 programs does not work right now).

Maybe you can just put up a test version of the first CD for people to
test?

Michael