Re: NCSA Mosaic

Being Mosaic nonfree software that depends on other
nonfree software (motif), I don't really think it's
a good idea to support it with a Hurd port or a
package inside Debian.

Please take a look at the Debian Free Software
Guidelines:

http://www.debian.org/social_contract.html#guidelines

Quoting mosaic's COPYRIGHT file:

"The UI grants you (hereafter, Licensee) a license to use the Software
for academic, research and internal business purposes only, [..]"

Breaks DFSG #6

[..] without a fee.

Breaks DFSG #1

"if Licensee distributes
any derivative work based on or derived from the Software, then
Licensee will (1) notify NCSA regarding its distribution of the
derivative work,  and (2) clearly notify users that such derivative
work is a modified version and not the original NCSA Mosaic
distributed by the UI."

Breaks DFSG #3

This license is completely against our principles. Please
don't support it, there are lots of free browsers in Debian
we can port to the GNU Hurd.

Issue 'apt-get search --names-only browser' for a full list.

Robert Millan          Debian/GNU user
zeratul2 wanadoo es    http://getyouriso.dyndns.org/