Re: install/update/upgrade dance

On 05/12/2013 03:24 AM, Geoff wrote:
> The 3.9 kernel installs and boots but wants to use the serial console (OK I can do that). The displayed boot sequence stops at "Stopping boot logger: bootlogd." but a power button shutdown will get a response on the serial console. Please find attached the serial console trace.

It seems your machine is up and running until you press the power button, it's just that you don't see/get a login prompt :-)

See http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/index.html -> "The system boots up on the STI Console but no "login:" prompt appears, what do I do?"
Please check if /etc/inittab has tty1 (and/or ttyS0 for serial console).

Does ssh work already for you? Maybe it's not installed or activated.

Helge