From: Damien [mailto:damien.hc@caramail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 4:50 AM
To: debian-hppa@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Help configuring an HIL mouse on an HP 715.

Jaime Ash wrote:
> So, what kernel do you recommend I use?  Also, could you give me a pointer
> to a webpage that has detailed instructions for replacing my kernel with
the
> new one?
> Thanks again!  Best regards,
> Jaime

I had the same problem. I'm not a Debian, nor an hppa expert, but here is
what
worked for me:

After a standard installation of Woody 3.0, I did upgraded the kernel using
a debian package ("kernel-image-2.4.19-32_22.2_hppa.deb), from a debian
mirror
(found in the directory "pool/main/k/kernel-image-2.4.19-hppa").

I downloaded it, then I installed it using the 'dpkg' command. I remember
that
the first time I tried, there was a dependency problem and I had to add
another
package from the CD (don't remember which one).

After a reboot, the system started and I had a working mouse with 'gpm' and
'X',
using the configuration tips found in the links you mentioned.

--
Damien