Re: accessing floppy drive

On Fri, 2 May 2003 20:17:07 +0100
"Matthew Wilcox" <willy@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 08:58:26PM +0200, Helge Deller wrote:
> > On Friday 02 May 2003 02:38 pm, Kenneth Westelinck wrote:
> > > Didn't someone in the list get it to work on a 712?
> >
> > AFAIK, this was a SCSI floppy drive. Those should work anyway.
>
> Not in the 712; think you're confused with the 715.

FWIW, we got guys working on the 712's floppy here at ESIEE, and it
turned out that there was "a buggy documentation for an even more buggy
chip". Read: It seemed it would be hell a pain to get it to work.

If more info is needed, I can ask the guys that were involved, about 2
years ago iirc...

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://pateam.esiee.fr/