Re: Should singularity-container make it to next release?

Hi Nilesh,

On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 6:21 PM Nilesh Patra <nilesh@debian.org> wrote:
> I started this thread a while back, and decided to simply ask upstream about what their
> opinion is[9]
> It looks like the situation still not fully certain on whether to let singularity make it to stable
> or not.
>
> I'd appreciate if someone on the list could chime in and give an opinion on if they
> consider it do-able or not for upcoming bookworm release.

Could you list the concerns that you have?

+  Security support?
  I see upstream comments that they will disclose the relevant
fix/commit for CVE, then it should be enough. I think most packages in
Debian rely on the Debian maintainer to backport the fix.
+ Lacking tests? (as per upstream concerns in the Github issue)
  Do you plan to enable all the tests? I see you have disabled many tests[1]
  Or even better, could you run the integration/e2e tests with
autopkgtest? For example, you can take a look at the containerd
package that I've maintained[2].

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/hpc-team/singularity-container/-/blob/debian/3.10.3+ds1-1/debian/rules#L68
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/containerd/-/blob/debian/sid/debian/tests/cri-integration
    https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/containerd/-/blob/debian/sid/debian/tests/integration