Re: Yi in Testing?

[Re-sending with proper To/CC]

Hi Tom,

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 04:10AM, amindfv@mailbox.org wrote:
> I see that the Yi package has been removed from Testing and "The package has not entered testing even though the 5-day delay is over." [0] Does this mean that if nothing changes, Yi will be dropped from newer versions of Debian? Is anyone working on this?

Yi has been removed from testing because it is unmaintained (see [1] and
[2]) and doesn't work with newer versions of Haskell libraries available
on Debian testing. If nothing changes, I intend to completely remove it
from Debian. As far as I know, no one from Debian is working on this,
since it needs an upstream maintainer to adopt and fix it first.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/965206
[2] https://github.com/yi-editor/yi/issues/1114

Best,

--