Re: Failed to build ghc-mod at experimental

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 18.01.2015, 12:37 +0100 schrieb Daniel Gröber:
> ghc-mod depends on the ghc, ghc-7.8 depends on Cabal-1.18
> , yet in the
> typescript I see:
>
>      Dependency Cabal >=1.18: using Cabal-1.20.0.2
>
> which is probably the issue.
>
> >From the errors you're getting it looks like somehow ghc is getting
> `-package-id` flags for multiple versions of Cabal, though I'm not
> sure how this could actually get past cabal's configure stage since
> that usually requires linking against only one version of each package
> AFAIK. Unless debuild doesn't acutally use `cabal configure`?

debuild does not use "cabal configure". Instead, it compiles Setup.hs
(which uses the Cabal library) and calls ./Setup configure.

It seems that you tried to build this in an unclean environment, with
libghc-cabal-dev installed, which is not a build-depends of ghc-mod.

The ghc Debian package comes with the right version of Cabal to be used
with ghc (the Haskell library). The libghc-cabal-dev package provides a
newer version (required by, for example, cabal-install).

So see if it works in a clean chroot or after "apt-get remove
libghc-cabal-dev".

I guess it could be added to ghc-mod’s Build-Conflicts, as a simple
work-around.

Greetings,
Joachim

--