Re: build-depend on doc packages?

David Fox <ddssff@gmail.com> writes:

> You mean the page that says
>
>  "This  program does not have a manpage. Run this command with the
> help switch to see
>   what it does. For further information, refer to the .NET
> documentation from the Mono project, located on
> http://www.go-mono.com/docs/";

I was thinking of 'man 7 undocumented', but that'd do as well.

> Not a very inspiring example.

No, but better than "No manual entry for foo".  I don't know if it is
possible to do in this case, but "broken links" sounds pretty bad, a
link to a page explaining how to get the relevant documentation is
better.

> Would it say "this link leads to a page
> in package haskell-blahblah-doc which is not installed"?  Or would it
> just say there is some package out there that you could install to see
> this documentation?

The latter would (obviously) be preferable.

(Apparently, the list thinks my mail is spam, so I don't know if this
will make it.  If you follow up to the list, it might be prudent to
include more context than you'd otherwise do.)

-k