Re: audio interface stability for wsjtx/fldigi

Re: Drew Arnett
> The name of the stream in puavcontrol isn't very useful:
> 'QtPulseAudio:10932: QtmPUlseStream-10923-140632395886544 from'.  I
> wonder if wsjtx can have the Qt library identify this stream with a
> more useful label?

I was looking into this some time ago. It looks like Qt simply has no
way to set the name of the output stream.

> I think pulseaudio is installed by default for most debian desktops?

It should have been replaced by pipewire in the default setup now.
Afaict things just continue to work normally, including using
pavucontrol to configure which app plays on which device.

> Without installing/removing packages, can I just ignore pulseaudio to
> setup and use wsjtx/fldigi/quisk et al?

It just works for me, and I do have a lot of audio devices on the
shack computer.

Christoph