Re: Help needed with solving an axcall-related problem

Hello,

thank you for your efforts.

Let's summarize:
The ioctl issue is fixed and expected to come with the next kernel 5.17.
Kernel up to 5.8.9 are not affected (testet); probably until 5.8.18 (latest in 5.8 tree).
32bit architectures are not affected.

For the kernels in >5.9 up to 5.16.x, users have to apply the patch.

Long term kernels: "Only important bugfixes are applied to such kernels and they don't usually see very frequent releases".
(https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html)

Kernel 5.15 is a longterm kernel (planned EOL Oct 2023).
Kernel 5.10 is a longterm kernel (planned EOL Dec 2026).

Kernel 5.4 and some of the 4.x are also longterm kernels, but should not have been affected by the problem.

-> I see the need, that the patch is regarded as "important patch", for reaching longterm kernels 5.10 and 5.15.

vy 73,
	- Thomas  dl9sau